The Gatesville community understands the importance of caring for our loved ones.
Gatesville is home to Coryell Memorial Healthcare System, a community-owned healthcare organization encompassing a wide range of health services. CMHS can meet almost any health need from the 25-bed licensed hospital, to the updated emergency room and from the state-of-the-art nursing facility to the beautiful independent living apartments; CMHS provides caring and professional services. For more information on Coryell Memorial Healthcare System, please visit www.cmhos.org.
Services received through the Coryell Memorial Healthcare System are covered by most insurances and is in-network with the following:
- Scott & White Health Plan
- USA Managed Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Cigna HealthCare
- United Healthcare
- TriCare/Humana Military Healthcare Services
- Coventry (Mail Handlers)
Coryell Memorial Hospital is the centerpiece of the healthcare system and is a fully accredited, licensed 25-bed hospital. Most health needs can be met here and specialty services are always available through Scott & White and other surrounding hospitals. Coryell Memorial Hospital is served by three hospitalists, a surgeon, licensed nurses and ancillary staff.
- The Surgical Department performs a variety of surgeries in a modern facility with excellent staff.
- When seconds count, the Emergency Department swings into action to give life-saving care. This new 5,000 square foot facility features a fully equipped trauma room, a new helicopter pad, and new equipment.
- The Coryell Memorial EMS is ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to handle medical emergencies with a fleet of four well-equipped ambulances and staff of certified emergency medical technicians and paramedics.
- Diagnostic Imaging offers many different imaging modalities including x-ray, ultrasound, CT, nuclear medicine, mammography, and now available MRI.
- In-house Cardiology services, in conjunction with the resident cardiologist, provide Echocardiography (heart ultrasound) and myocardial imaging and interpretation.
- Respiratory Care, Laboratory services, and Pain Management Service are also available through certified staff utilizing state-of-the-art equipment.
In addition to the Coryell Memorial Hospital, the Coryell Memorial Healthcare System manages three clinics, residential care, and home health care.
- Coryell Specialty Clinic in Gatesville includes medical specialties such as ob/gyn, podiatry, pulmonology, cardiology, and allergy and asthma care.
- Mills County Medical Clinic west of Gatesville in Goldthwaite is the cornerstone of this community’s healthcare.
- Coryell Medical Clinic located in Gatesville and attached to the Coryell Memorial Hospital provides routine medical care and treatment for infants through the elderly, diagnostic imaging, lab work and more.
- Residential Care provides three wonderful options to meet the needs of seniors at any stage: The Oaks at Coryell, The Welcome Program, and the Meadows.
- Home Health services include Skilled Nursing, Medical Social Services, Home Health Aides, and Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy.
For military families and veterans, additional choices are available through these regional facilities: